New guy here!

New to the forums? Introduce yourself here! This would be a great place to make your first post to gain access to private messaging and other forum features.
n5wd

New guy here!

Post by n5wd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi! I'm Wayne N5WD and though I was a DCARA member back in the 1970's (around the time the W5NGU repeater was placed into service on top of the TWU residence hall) I've recently moved back into the county, this time on a little place west of Ponder. I'm hoping to become active in the club, now that things have settled down after the move, somewhat.

I'm interested in satellite comms, DStar and IRLP, and DX'ing. Not much up in the air as of now, but I hope to be growing the antenna farm soon.

73 Wayne N5WD

WA5TT

Re: New guy here!

Post by WA5TT » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:43 am

Welcome back Wayne!

From listening to the repeater this past storm season, looks like we can use some more hams on the far side of the county!

The spouse and I've lived in Lewisville for the past 4 years. Just got back into the hobby and dragged her into it too! :lol: We just put a VHF/UHF antenna on the house, put in a ground system and are planning what to do for HF antennas on a small lot. Will be testing the Kenwood TM-71A this month, checking to see whom we can contact.

Chris